Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Junk Mail

My Gram was concerned about recycling even before it became fashionable!

Spring 1995

I recently gave a donation to my favorite charity. A short time later I received a letter stating that my donation was again due in the amount that I had originally given. Did I like it? I did not.

Nor do I like address labels, membership cards, ribbons, pins, pencils, pens, Easter cards, Christmas cards, stationary, window stickers, key rings, Sweepstakes, and you name it.

And please don’t thank me. Use the paper and postage to better advantage. I don’t like my address given to every Tom, Dick and Harry either.

Remember when we met the neighbors by collecting for charity?

But we are living in the real world. Please tell me that junk mail can be recycled. I could save a forest.